Tumalo Irrigation District is a community of people united in their respect for the critical role sustainable agriculture plays in the region; the land and the water resources that nourish that land; and the wildlife that depends on access to healthy, native habitat.
Tumalo Irrigation District is dedicated to improving water flows in the Deschutes River, Tumalo Creek, and Crescent Creek; restoring and protecting native habitat; ensuring reliable water supply for agriculture and recreation; and supplying glacial water to cool the warming Deschutes River.
For nearly 120 years, Tumalo Irrigation District has been the steward of critical water resources in Central Oregon, serving more than 660 families, managing 80 miles of piped and open canals, and irrigating 8,100 acres.
- Learn more about the proposed Tumalo Irrigation District Irrigation Modernization Project here.
- Our office staff will be attending a training workshop Monday, July 24th and Tuesday, July 25th. The District office will be closed during this time. For Emergencies, please call our office line @ 541-382-3053 and your call will be transferred to the ditch rider on duty. We apologize for this inconvenience. But we hope to return with a lot of great knowledge that will benefit us all!
- The End of the 2017 Irrigation Season Has Been Scheduled for Tuesday, October 10th.
- Download TID’s System Improvement Plan here.
- View our Winter Newsletter here.
- To learn about the settlement agreement in relation to the Oregon Spotted Frog litigation, read here.
Tumalo Irrigation District held a Public and Interagency Meeting on Thursday, July 6th, 2017 in order to inform the community of the District's proposed Modernization Project to conserve water, improve fish habitat and enable in-conduit hydroelectric power generation,...read more
Public and Interagency Meeting Thursday, July 6th, 2017 5:30 – 6:30 PM Tumalo Community Church 64671 Bruce Avenue, Bend, OR 97701 Tumalo Irrigation District Irrigation Modernization Project Purpose: To inform the community of the proposed Tumalo Irrigation District...read more
View the KTVZ news article here. Or download a PDF version to read the article here. ...read more
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when water is running.
Calls after hours will be forwarded to the ditch rider on call, who will respond as soon as possible.
Monday - Friday
8am - 4:30pm
64697 Cook Ave
Bend, OR 97703
Tumalo Irrigation District Office
We are your irrigation district
Tumalo Irrigation District’s mission is to manage water resources to meet present and future needs of its patrons in ways that are economically and environmentally responsible. The District’s priorities are water conservation, improving water delivery efficiencies, preserving and restoring native habitat in the Deschutes River Basin, and protecting native species. In addition, it is part of the Deschutes Basin Board of Control, a larger consortium of irrigation districts and municipalities that collaborate on issues facing Central Oregon and water users.