Tumalo Irrigation District is a community of people united in their respect for the critical role sustainable agriculture plays in the region; the land and the water resources that nourish that land; and the wildlife that depends on access to healthy, native habitat.
Tumalo Irrigation District is dedicated to improving water flows in the Deschutes River, Tumalo Creek, and Crescent Creek; restoring and protecting native habitat; ensuring reliable water supply for agriculture and recreation; and supplying glacial water to cool the warming Deschutes River.
For nearly 120 years, Tumalo Irrigation District has been the steward of critical water resources in Central Oregon, serving more than 660 families, managing 80 miles of piped and open canals, and irrigating 8,100 acres.
- Volunteers are needed for the 2017 District Election. Read more here.
- View the results of the 2017 District Election here.
- Water was shut off on Tuesday, October 10th. Due to the need to begin construction on the fifth phase of piping the Tumalo Feed Canal, the District will not have any stock runs during the 2017/18 maintenance season. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our patrons.
- View the District’s Summer Newsletter here.
- Download TID’s System Improvement Plan here.
- Otto Otter teaches kids to be safe around canals and other water sources. Download the Otto Otter Coloring Book here.
MEDIA RELEASE FROM: Tumalo Irrigation District RE: Phase V Piping Project Underway CONTACT: Kenneth Rieck, District Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 541.382.3053 TUMALO IRRIGATION DISTRICT OPENS BIDDING FOR PHASE V CONSERVATION PIPING PROJECT Underground canal piping...read more
We are looking for volunteers for the 2017 election being held on November 14, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. The District needs 3 judges to assist in counting ballots. Judges must live in Division #2 of the District and be a qualified voter! Please contact the District office for...read more
View the Bulletin article online here. Or download the PDF version...read more
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when water is running.
Calls after hours will be forwarded to the ditch rider on call, who will respond as soon as possible.
Monday - Friday
8am - 4:30pm
64697 Cook Ave
Bend, OR 97703
Tumalo Irrigation District Office
We are your irrigation district
Tumalo Irrigation District’s mission is to manage water resources to meet present and future needs of its patrons in ways that are economically and environmentally responsible. The District’s priorities are water conservation, improving water delivery efficiencies, preserving and restoring native habitat in the Deschutes River Basin, and protecting native species. In addition, it is part of the Deschutes Basin Board of Control, a larger consortium of irrigation districts and municipalities that collaborate on issues facing Central Oregon and water users.