A five-person board representing the five divisions in the District govern Tumalo Irrigation District. Members are elected in cycles for three-year terms. Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at the District office with the Board entering into executive session at 10:00 a.m. and returning to regular session at approximately 11:30 a.m. Meetings that fall on holidays will be rescheduled. Please check with District staff.
- 10:00am — Executive Session
- 11:30am – Board Meeting (open to the public)
Current board members are:
Stephen L Putnam, Director
19885 Innes Market Road
Bend, OR 97703
Wally Zimmerman, Vice Chairman
65315 Cline Falls Road
Bend, OR 07703
Martin Warbington, Director
19345 Tumalo Reservoir Road
Bend, OR 97703
John (Jack) Farley, Director
19345 Dusty Loop
Bend, OR 97703
Ron Cochran, Chair
18624 Pinehurst Road
Bend, OR 97703
Regular Board Meeting Agenda
March 12, 2019 Proposed Board Meeting Agenda (3/11/19)
- Appoint Scribe – Chairperson
- Executive Session – Chairperson
- ORS 192.660(2)(f) to consider information or records that are exempt from disclosure by law, including written advice from your attorney.
- ORS 192.660(2)(h) to consult with counsel concerning the legal rights and duties of a public body with regards to current litigation or litigation likely to be filed.
- ORS 192.660(2)(i) to review and evaluate the performance of an officer, employee or staff member if the person does not request an open meeting.
- Leave Executive Session and return to Regular Session at: 11:30 a.m.
- Pass out Voucher List – Scribe
- Motion to Approve Minutes of February 2019 Board Meeting – Chairperson
- Manager’s Report – Manager
- TID Water Supply Report
- Snowy Fun
- HCP Update
- Eakins agreement signed.
- Swalley/TID Agreement
- COID/TID Agreement
- March 19th Ribbon Cutting
- Phase 5B and Phase VI Update – Watermaster
- Motion for Signing Contracts for Phase VI/WSP Group 2 – Chairperson
- Dam inspection – Watermaster
- Briles Land Swap – Watermaster
- Other – Manager
- Public Comment – Manager
- Motion to Approve March 2019 Voucher List – Chairperson
- Set next meeting date – Chairperson
- Adjourn – Chairperson
We are currently experiencing an issue that is preventing us from uploading new files. Please contact the District office if you would like a copy of the District’s regular board meeting minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Records Inspection and Copying – Procedures & Fees
- Water Theft Policy
- For Water Users for Consecutive Years of Non-Use (Transfer of Irrigation Water for Non-Use)
- Water Transfer Policy
- Storm Water Policy
- Board Duties and Responsibilities
- Water Conservation Policy
- Private Ditch Policy
- Management Beyond the POD – Staff Procedures
- Personal Services Policy
- Election Policy
- Whistleblower Protection Policy
- Discriminatory Workplace Harassment Policy
- District Safety and Health Program
- Easement Encroachment Policy
Patrons will be notified by letter regarding forthcoming elections. Voter registration cards must be on file with the District prior to an election. And don’t forget to vote!
Election Policy & Procedures
Tumalo Irrigation District has well-defined elections procedures that outline eligibility to run for the board and to vote in District elections.
Please note: Persons wishing to run for a director position should be able to attend as many of the monthly meetings as possible. The Board generally meets the second Tuesday of each month at 10:00 am for the Executive Session and the 11:30 board meeting. Unless otherwise notified, all meeting are held at the District office.
Voter Qualifications (Is an elector the same as a voter?)
The qualifications* for the voter are:
- Must have a signed Voter Registration Card on file with the District.
- 18 years of age or older.
- An owner or a vendee under contract of purchase of land situated within the District, applicable Division and subject to the charges or assessments of the District.
* These are the same qualifications required to sign a petition supporting a candidate.
- Where land is held in multiple ownership, such as husband and wife, only one party may vote.
- In the case of a Corporation, Company, or Trust, only one vote shall be allowed on behalf of all the owners under the multiple ownership. The vote may be cast by any one of the multiple owners who holds an authorization in writing from the other owners (Voter Authorization Form).
- If an elector is an owner in two or more divisions of residence and resides in one of them, the elector shall vote in the division of residence, but if an elector is a nonresident of the District, the elector may choose to vote in any one division in which the elector is an owner. When a nonresident landowner chooses to vote in any one division, the landowner shall file a notice of choice of voting division with the Secretary of the Board of the District. A nonresident landowner’s choice to vote in a certain division is permanent and remains permanent until the nonresident landowner’s ownership status changes in any way (Nonresident Election to Vote in Division Form).
- If you are required to submit either of these forms, and do not already have one on file in this office, please call this office as soon as possible.
State law provides for the following number of votes:
- One vote for up to 40 acres;
- Two votes for 40 acres or more but not more than 160 acres; and
- Three votes for more than 160 acres.