Emergency? 541-382-3053 - 24/7 during irrigation season only



These are the most Frequently Asked Questions of staff and Board members.

If you have other questions, please call the office at 541-382-3053 or contact us here.

Who do I call in an emergency after hours?

Call the District office at (541) 382-3053. During the irrigation season and stock runs, calls made to the TID office on weekends and after 4:30 pm on weekdays are directed to the ditch rider on-call. Because these calls go directly to their cell phones, we ask that you please keep this in mind and be courteous when calling after hours and save non-emergency calls for business hours.

How do I get my water turned on or off?

Call the District office at (541) 382-3053. Please notify the office as early in the day as possible to ensure that changes can be made by the end of the day. Requests for water changes received after 12 pm are not guaranteed to be completed that day. All water changes need to be made through the office line; please do not call our ditch riders directly unless directed to by office staff.

Do I have to call to get my water turned on in the spring?

Yes, patrons must call the office to request to have water started so that our ditch riders can open the head gate. Requests for water must be made by phone or in-person at the District office. Please call the office 24 hours in advance to make this request. The first day of the water season will be posted on the website early in the year.

Do I have to call if I want a stock run?

Yes, you must call the office if you want a stock run delivery. Stock run dates will be posted on the website by the end of the irrigation season. Please call in advance so the ditch riders can adjust the head gate before the stock run begins.

What is a stock run?

Weather permitting, TID delivers three stock runs during the winter for the purpose of filling patrons’ ponds. Stock runs usually begin on Monday and end on Friday. They are scheduled around cleanup and construction work being done by the field crew. 

Do I still have to pay my assessments if I do not use my water?

Yes, annual assessments are due every year, whether patrons use their water or not. The first installment is due on March 1 and the second installment is due on July 1. There is a 30-day grace period after these due dates and then interest will begin to accrue on unpaid assessments. A motion will be made at the September board meeting to file liens on all accounts that have a delinquent status. If patrons would prefer to make monthly payments throughout the year, please call TID or visit the office and staff will happily help set up a payment plan.

Can I pay my assessments electronically or with a credit card?

Yes, TID is now processing electronic payments on-line, over the phone, and at the District office. Visa, MC, Discover, and AmEx are accepted. However, there will be a convenience fee of 2.5%, or TID can process an electronic check for a flat fee of $2.00.

When are your board meetings? Are they open to the public?

Regular Board Meetings are normally held the second Tuesday of every month at the District office. The Executive Session starts at 10:00 am followed by the Regular Board Meeting at approximately 11:00 am. Regular Board Meetings are open to the public, and TID welcomes Patrons and visitors. Please note: holidays and other events can sometimes change the day of the meeting. In such an event, and given enough time to do so, TID will notify patrons of the change. Please visit the website for meeting dates.

What if I want to speak at a Board Meeting?

If a patron wishes to make comments at the Board Meeting, he/she must notify the District at least one week in advance.

How do I run for a seat on the Board of Directors?

TID appreciates your interest in serving on the Board of Directors. Check qualifications and the process here.

How do I obtain a Bridge, Culvert, or Utility Crossing permit?

Fill out the following form, Crossing Application, and bring it to the District office with your deposit. District personnel will inspect the site and add any additional comments and/or instructions. Most permits require an inspection after the work is completed. If applicable, the majority of your deposit is returned.

What is beneficial use?

What beneficial use is: Land must be under production or cultivation to qualify as beneficial use. As defined by Oregon state law, beneficial use of irrigation water is limited to producing a crop, or maintaining grass or landscaped areas. Landscaped areas are described as lawn, shrub beds, or commercial crops (shrubs, trees, growing of plants for resale).

What beneficial use is not: Irrigation water should not be used on rock piles, on driveways, or under structures; it should not be used for dust abatement; it should not be used to water anything that would grow naturally with- out the benefit of irrigation water.

Oregon state law also requires irrigation water be used beneficially once every five years. Water rights are subject to confiscation if a property owner fails to beneficially apply and use water at least once in a five-year period.

Patrons with questions about beneficial use qualification or usage should contact the TID office.

What are the definitions of “irrigation” and “nursery operation use”?

According to OAR 690-300-0010, the definitions are:

(26) “Irrigation” means the artificial application of water to crops or plants by controlled means to promote growth or nourish crops or plants. Examples of these uses include, but are not limited to, watering of an agricultural crop, commercial garden, tree farm, orchard, park, golf course, play field or vineyard and alkali abatement.

(30) “Nursery Operations Use” means the use of water for operation of a commercial nursery which may include temperature control, watering of containerized stock, soil preparation, application of chemicals or fertilizers, watering within greenhouses and uses to construct, operate and maintain nursery facilities. The use of water within plant nursery operations constitutes a different use from field irrigation, although that may be a part of nursery use. If used for field irrigation for nursery stock, such use is not restricted to the defined agricultural irrigation season.